Developed from the peptide Melanotan 2, PT-141 is the only pharmacological product available to treat sexual dysfunction in BOTH men and women. Unlike, Cialis and Viagra for men, which work on the vascular system, PT 141 acts directly on the nervous system to increase desire, arousal and sexual function. For men, this means you gain more than just the ability to achieve an erection-you also increase sensation, desire, motivation for sex, as well as erection strength and endurance. And ladies, you improve desire, motivation, clitoral sensation and ability to orgasm. As a couple, you not only reignite your passion for each other, but intimately get to reconnect in your relationship.
PT-141 is a new peptide therapy specifically for improved sexual function. First made popular by Suzanne Somers as her sex shot to “get it on twice a day”, PT 141 is the first peptide and pharmacological product that is effective for both men and women suffering from sexual dysfunction. It is also known as bremelanotide, and branded as Vylessi for women. In women, PT-141 improves hypoactive sexual desire disorder, or arousal disorder, and in men, erectile dysfunction or ED. For both, it can increase libido, arousal, sensation and ultimately-pleasure. Simply put, PT 141 increases desire as well as sexual response. It works by activating central melanocortin receptors in the brain that are involved in sexual response. This increases libido and pleasure by increasing key hormones such as dopamine, norepinephrine, oxytocin and adrenaline.
Potential Benefits from PT-141
- Increased arousal and desire
- Improved ability for orgasm
- Increased sensation
- Decreased refractory period allowing for increased sexual activity
- Increased erection strength and endurance
- Improved intimacy, bonding and relationship with significant other
- Increased flirting through increased self confidence
- Increased sexual activity contributing to improved mood, lower blood pressure, better sleep and overall health
- Increased benefit when used in conjunction with hormone optimization and potentially other therapies
If you are experiencing any of the symptoms below you may be a candidate for PT-141
- Decreased desire or libido
- Decreased arousal
- Decreased sensation or inability to orgasm
- Premature ejaculation
- Decreased erection strength and/or endurance
- Emotional angst and avoidance or anxiety to sex related to any of the above
- Declining relationship with partner due to sexual concerns or lack of alignment on desires
Possible Side Effects from PT-141
- Most common side effect is nausea
- Facial flushing
- Tachycardia/Increased blood pressure
- Freckling or tanning of the skin
- Decreased effectiveness with continued, repeated use
- Available in a subcutaneous injection, nasal spray and orally such as in a troche or rapid dissolving tablet
- Can be combined with other medications for improved response
- Re-new is the only clinic in the greater Omaha metro where combination forms of PT-141 are available. Call today to speak with one of our Re-new physicians and learn more about PT-141.
Schedule Your Free Consultation
Is PT-141 FDA approved?
Yes, it is approved as Vylessi for women with hypoactive sexual dysfunction disorder. While it does not have specific FDA approval for men, it is still effective and safe for use in men as well.
How does PT-141 work?
PT 141 unlike many of the other pharmaceuticals on the market does not act on the vascular system, it instead functions via the nervous system to increase sexual desire and sexual response in both men and women.
What are the side effects of PT-141?
The most common side effect of PT 141 is nausea. Nausea related to PT-141 is often easily treated with natural remedies, OTC and on rare instances with prescriptions medications. Any nausea experienced is typically not severe, debilitating nor limiting of sexual activity or function. Others can include facial flushing, increase in blood pressure or heart rate, freckling or tanning of the skin which will resolve with cessation of use.
Can I use PT-141 with other sexual dysfunction or ED treatments?
Yes! There are some medications and treatments that can be combined with PT 141 safely, such as Oxytocin and Platelet Rich Plasma (PRP). They should be prescribed by a well-trained medical provider and patients should adhere to dosing instructions for optimal results. At Re-new, we offer PT-141 in combination with other medications in an oral form for enhanced results, call today to learn more.
Are there medications I should avoid when taking PT-141?
It is generally recommended to avoid used of PDE5 Inhibitors such as Cialis and Viagra as well as injectables including Quadmix and Trimix for erectile dysfunction, as they may increase the risk of priapism in men. Priapism is an erection sustained longer than 4 hours and is considered a medical emergency.
Are there medical conditions that would make PT-141 avoidable?
PT 141 is used with caution in those with hypertension or known elevated blood pressure. Intranasal or nasal spray PT-141 will cause a more potent increase in blood pressure and should be avoided in those with hypertension. It is advisable to discontinue use if elevation of blood pressure develops with use of PT 141.
How often can I use PT-141?
Couples or individuals can utilize PT-141 2-3 times per week. It should be cautioned that with continual, repeated use desensitization may happen which leads to decreased effectiveness and benefit.
How long do the benefits from PT-141 last?
Typically, results can last anywhere from 24-36 hours. Allowing for extended sexual relations and increased intimacy with partners.
How quickly does PT-141 take effect?
Timing can be a concern for some with PT 141, as onset of benefits may take anywhere from 60 minutes to 4 hours. However, after initial dosing it is much easier to time onset between couples or allow for better planning of sexual activity.
How do I know if PT-141 is right for me?
If you are experiencing any of the symptoms of sexual dysfunction, man or woman, including decreased desire or libido, decreased arousal, inability to orgasm, decreased sensation during intercourse, inability to achieve or maintain erection or you are avoiding intercourse with your significant other due to any of the above symptoms, PT-141 may be perfect for you. PT-141 is also safe for those wishing to use it recreationally to further enhance their sexual experience. Contact our trained physicians at Re-new Institute to learn more.